SANTANGELO LAW OFFICES
Local Firm Value with Large Firm Capability
125 South Howes, Third Floor
Fort Collins, CO 80521
*Denver: This office is located one block from the Rocky Mountain Regional Office of the United States Patent and Trademark Office and across the street from the United States District Court, District of Colorado.
"*" indicates required fields
I have read and understand that: The use of the internet or this form for communication with the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidentiality or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.
- When our organization expanded its business model to include matters of intellectual property, we quickly discovered what we did not know. Santangelo Law Offices (Nicole Ressue) became our trusted legal advisor on all topics of IP and trademark law. Highly recommend this team of attorneys to anyone that needs prompt, clear, and highly qualified legal services.read moreread lessMatt Robenalt6/27/2023Nicole and her team have been a great resource for our eyecare clinics in filing trademarks and protecting our brands. Extremely professional and attentive to our needs.read moreread lessPatrick Rosen6/27/2023HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
Misha Macaw did a spectacular job in representing us and our Veterans event when the threat of a copyright suit was thrown at us unexpectedly. What started as a huge number and some severe threats was quickly reduced to almost nothing, and the tone changed very quickly from overbearing to demure once Misha put forth his / our position. As our event is put on each year free of charge to the Veterans Community, legal fees were a concern and we could not be more pleased with the final outcome. THANK YOU Santangelo!read moreread lessProPromotions7/01/2022
- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!Misha Macaw did a spectacular job in representing us and our Veterans event when the threat of a copyright suit was thrown at us unexpectedly. What started as a huge number and some severe threats was quickly reduced to almost nothing, and the tone changed very quickly from overbearing to demure once Misha put forth his / our position. As our event is put on each year free of charge to the Veterans Community, legal fees were a concern and we could not be more pleased with the final outcome. THANK YOU Santangelo!read moreread lessProPromotions7/01/2022A Valuable Adversary Santangelo has been a valuable adversary who I have the deepest respect for as a counsel. I learned a lot about a world I did not know, valuing your guidance from start to end. Thank you for your generous assistance in my intellectual property battle. I admire you for your wisdom to make the relationship with your colleague on the other side a big part of your methodology! How come lawyers have such a poor reputation when the profession has people like you?!read moreread lessHorst Abraham3/02/2022Excellent service from Misha Macaw, great at explaining details, professional and answered all of my questions. Recommend his legal services and this firm.read moreread lessDebbie Prevratil9/30/2021
- I have known Luke and the group for many years and everything the did for my patent was top notch. Luke is extremely intelligent and a straight up guy, both personally and professionally. ????read moreread lessTony Griffin9/17/2021I had a great experience securing a trademark for my business with Misha Macaw. He acted professionally at all stages of my legal case and I can’t recommend him enough.read moreread lessIvan Pavlov4/03/2021I continue to have a great experience working the Santangelo Law Offices! They are perfect for the experienced or novice inventor. I literally had no idea where to start with the legal portion of my invention, but after a prayer or two I chose Santangelo's and continue to be very, very happy. You just can not wrong.....read moreread lessDe Simpson12/30/2019
- I continue to have a great experience working the Santangelo Law Offices! They are perfect for the experienced or novice inventor. I literally had no idea where to start with the legal portion of my invention, but after a prayer or two I chose Santangelo's and continue to be very, very happy. You just can not wrong.....read moreread lessDe Simpson6/12/2019Great personality and welcoming staffread moreread lessYouSeen Extraa3/06/2019Five stars! Great practice!read moreread lessJohn O3/06/2019
- We worked with the office on a design and utility patent. They were professional, timely, and very helpful with answering questions and requesting information. Thanksread moreread lessLaura schmonsees1/22/2019As a small landscaping business owner with only an idea, I wanted to legally protect my invention. After looking into websites that claim to complete the patent applications in a matter of minutes at a cut-rate price, I realized the cookie-cutter approach would not provide much protection. I had worked hard on my idea and didn't want it to be only protected by an impersonal website with a lot of flash and little substance. After receiving a great referral and doing my own due diligence researching, I contacted Nicole to help with my invention. Her expertise in intellectual property law helped to skillfully craft my patent application with the legal language necessary to provide true legal protection. Being the first time I dabbled in the intellectual property arena, I had a lot of questions and Nicole was responsive and thorough in her answers. Please check out Nicole if you too are looking for IP legal assistance.read moreread lessHolmes & Gardens1/17/2019Our small start up company recently worked with Al Wiedmann of Santangelo Law Offices to help us through the complicated patent application process. Al was incredibly knowledgeable about all aspects of patent law. He asked all the right questions and pushed us to really see the complete scope and applications of our product. I know that we will have an extremely valuable and protective patent once we are completely through the process.We originally thought about submitting our own patent using self help books and websites, but after working with Al we have realized how short sited that approach would have been. It would have been impossible for us to navigate this tricky process without Al's guidance and expertise.I highly recommend working with Al and The Idea Asset Group, you won't regret the decision!read moreread lessJeff Giddings1/17/2019
- As a physician entrepreneur and founder to a medical device company, I can attest to the impressive attention to detail and swift execution to which Santangelo Law Offices has achieved positive results with intellectual property negotiations and granted patents. Luke and his team are remarkably professional and a pleasure to work with. I attribute much of our company’s success to achieving the necessary patents in a timely fashion and have personally witnessed his excellent work with patent examiners.read moreread lessWade Webster1/17/2019We had our Provisional and full Utility patent completed by Nicole at Santangelo Law Offices. Nicole and the entire staff were extremely knowledgeable and easy to work with. They were on top of every deadline andhandled everything efficiently from start to finish. The patent process is a very detailed and exhausting process. The Santangelo Law team, lead by Nicole, explained every step and taking the time to ensure we understood theentire process.We are definitely lifetime customread moreread lessBrent Lee1/17/2019Awesome place to work forread moreread lessDeborah Sbefferd1/17/2019
- Great attorney if you get them to accept your request.read moreread lessDan Tischio3/06/2018We had our Provisional and full Utility patent completed by Nicole at Santangelo Law Offices. Nicole and the entire staff were extremely knowledgeable and easy to work with. They were on top of every deadline and
handled everything efficiently from start to finish. The patent process is a very detailed and exhausting process. The Santangelo Law team, lead by Nicole, explained every step and taking the time to ensure we understood the
We are definitely lifetime customread moreread lessBrent Lee2/10/2018Best attorneys in town?read moreread lessJane1/17/2018
- My company, RX Automation Solutions, Inc., a small Colorado engineering company, experienced the most extreme Intellectual Property (IP) legal process that can be handed to a small business. In the “IP legal world” this lawsuit went the complete course… from A to Z. RXAS was sued for patent infringement by a much larger entity, which proved over multiple attempts that settlement was not an option for them. Knowing that a very low percentage of patent law suits make it to a trial, it was clear to the Santangelo Team that this case was inevitable. Statistics show the patent holder is usually the victor; which obviously increased the risk for RXAS as our defense was structured. In my opinion, the Plaintiff’s strategy was nothing short of crushing the competition through an expensive, long, drawn out legal battle.Over the lengthy legal process, the Santangelo Legal Team represented RXAS with a clear understanding of our company size and the legal position needed to defend our case. I personally had the opportunity to work with almost every staff member at any given timeframe during this litigation. Everyone at RXAS, including myself, who was directly involved in this case have the utmost respect for the Santangelo Team’s professionalism and the team approach orchestrated throughout the entire litigation asserted on RXAS. There was no question that the future of my company was in the hands of Santangelo Law Office.Throughout the 9 day jury trial, the Santangelo Team continued to stack the truth within the legal forum for a major win for RXAS. An approximate 1.5 hour jury deliberation resulted in a Non-Infringement to Claim 1 of the asserted patent… as well as Santangelo invalidating the patent due to a legal constraint called “On-Sale Bar”. A major win might be an understatement.Looking back today, I’m thankful for every team member Santangelo assembled as part of our defense. Their work ethic, dedication, legal talents and courtroom experience clearly distinguished Santangelo Law Office as a leading law firm. RXAS will always refer and continue to use Santangelo Law Offices for any and all future IP needs.Yet another Thank You to Luke Santangelo and his colleagues from everyone here at RXAS.Sincerely,Tim Chambers, PresidentR/X Automation Solutions Inc.read moreread lessTim Chambers1/17/2017Back in 2011, I was sued by Righthaven, the now-defunct copyright enforcement law firm that brought shakedown copyright infringement lawsuits against small-time bloggers and mom-and-pop web operators. Their business model was predatory. They threatened defendants with the possibility of a $150,000 judgment and the forfeiture of their website's domain name. I had never been sued before and the whole thing scared the bejesus out of me. I didn't know what I was going to do. I looked into hiring legal counsel but most firms wanted between $5,000 to $10,000 in retainer fees. I began researching legal assistance, and contacted a number of law firms to inquire about pro bono legal aid, or possibly reduced-rate representation.Things weren't going well at first. But I kept researching. I'd read about a lawyer named David Kerr, who had helped an autistic blogger named Brian Hill defeat a Righthaven lawsuit. I contacted Mr. Kerr, an attorney with the Santangelo Law Offices. Mr. Kerr could not represent me pro bono, but he was able to give me legal advice, essentially guiding me through the process of representing myself in the case. I filed a response to Righthaven pro se, and by that time things had started going downhill for Righthaven, and my case, along with 33 others, was thrown out by U.S. District Court Judge John Kane in Denver.I haven't needed a copyright attorney lately, but if I did the first person I'd contact is David Kerr at Santangelo. The staff at the office was always courteous and professional. My calls were always returned when Mr. Kerr was unable to talk on the phone. I recommend the services of Santangelo Law Offices enthusiastically and with no reservations whatsoever.read moreread lessDonald Douglas1/17/2017After filing paper work myself regarding a copyright troll suite and my filing coming back denied. I called David Kerr to leave a message, as it was late after work hours. Only to have David pick up the phone he attentively listened and calmed my fears. After he responded to the charges of this copyright troll scheme on my behalf, though it took a bit to get it all resolved the suit was dropped. He continued to keep me up dated regarding these trolls for the next two years has the tables turned on them. David was very genuine and caring during this time. Thank you Sir David Kerr for being a man of integrity helping those who get blindsided by scheming trolls.read moreread lessevangeline edwards1/17/2017
- Nicole and her team have been invaluable in the patent process for my start up. It's not always clear what, why or how to patent a new idea. And, things evolve quickly in the landscape of both business and patents. Nicole is excellent at guiding opportunities, managing the patent process now and foreseeing opportunities tomorrow. With her expert guidance my business idea has evolved to better work in the market, addressing key factors that help the patentability at the same time. To top it off I've really enjoyed the process and have learned a lot. First time patent applicants as well as repeat applicants would do very well to include Nicole in their new ventures.read moreread lessShelley Howell Megede1/17/2017I have worked with Nicole Ressue and Luke Santangelo for >10 years. I have the utmost respect for their professionalism, their creativity and their dedication to their customers. They are cognizant of budgetary constraints and help companies make decisions to leverage intellectual property protection while staying within a limited budget. The ability to draft patents that encompass the current technology and provide room for future growth and development is much appreciated. Moreover, they are just likeable people who make it enjoyable to navigate the IP process.read moreread lessLisa Herickhoff1/17/2017Now I can see why there are so many positive testimonials about Nicole and her team at SANTANGELO LAW OFFICES. I am very happy with the service Nicole and her team provided during my patent process. I didn't have to worry about anything. I had a great experience. Nicole is very experienced and reliable patent lawyer. She is very professional patent lawyer who is very honest and knowledgeable. Patent process can be challenging sometime but, Nicole and her team made my patent process smooth and easy. I highly recommend SANTANGELO LAW OFFICES, specially Nicole.read moreread lessThierry Dossou1/17/2017